This article is going to tell you all those secrets that all those dastardly folk at WP Engine (my favourite WordPress hosting company and who I host with) tried to stop but failed!
But wait, before you read on… this article is for two kinds of people only. If you are not one of these types of people you should stop reading now!
- You have already signed up for WP Engine but don’t feel like you’ve ‘got’ all the features yet
- You are thinking of signing up for WP Engine but not sure what you get.
With that in mind proceed but know that:
- At almost 60 minutes long in total these eight videos can be watched in pretty much any order so we advise dipping in and out as necessary
- If you use WP Engine a lot you might want to bookmark this page.
Now start watching before they stop me for good.
Part 1: The Dashboard
- Multiple accounts (or access to other accounts)
- Visit counts
- Create users
Part 2: Set-up a new site (skip if you’ve already done this)
- Create a site
- Access site
- Set-up domains
- Point multiple domains to one site
- Change domain of main site
Part 3: Restore Points (never break your site again)
- WTF is a restore point
- Why restore?
- How do they work?
- Restore just DB
- Restore files
- Download files if you want
Part 4: FTP/SFTP (accessing the files on your server directly)
- What is it?
- How to access
- Creating logins for others
Part 5: Caching. What is it? Why should you care? How to reset it?
Part 6: Get support (ZenDesk)
- What can I ask?
Part 7: Staging Server
- How to make a perfect copy of your main site and play around with it without breaking the live version
Part 8: Redirects
That’s it!!1! If you’ve not used WP Engine before and this has got you interested go ahead and check out the:
otherwise go ahead and leave a comment or grab me on Twitter @nickcdavis.